PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade path...

chowbox
01-16-2002, 07:09 PM
I need some help upgrading to OS X. I am currently running 9.1 and I just downloaded 9.2.1. Should I install 9.2.1 before I install OS X. Also I noticed that there is now 9.2.2(do I need this as well?). How do i go about this. I also have the 10.0.1. When do I install this. HELP! What order should I do all this in?

thanks in advance.....
chowbox

TZ
01-16-2002, 08:34 PM
9.2 is designed for new hardware and Classic compatibility under OS X. Depending on what Mac you have (good to include when asking for tips) you may not even be able to install 9.2.1/9.2.2. Which is why I would advice putting OS X on first 3-4GB volume, 9.1 on 2nd volume, and from _within_ OS X you can install 9.2.1.

If you have 10.1 it will show you in Software Update control panel in OS X what needs to be installed. You can download some or most of those but not all as stand alone updaters (like the "Combined 10.1.2 Update" but not the IE 5.1.3 and Security update).

Apple has a lot of this in their new support areas under OS X.

If you have a Vintage PCI Mac (pre-beige G3) you are in for tweaking and using Unsupported Utility http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/ to help install.

Check the System Requirements and realize they are minimums. More RAM, faster cpu, etc. Whether OS X needs to be in first 8GB of a drive.

Gregory