PDA

View Full Version : OS X and Video Cards

ICCAFSN
09-08-2001, 10:27 PM
I'm curious about the capabilities of an ixMicro Ultimate Rez video card under OS X. Does anyone here use one of these cards under X? I'd like to know if you're able to run any of the non-Basic screen savers (e.g. Abstract, Beach, Forest, & Cosmos) on the Ultimate Rez. How about OpenGL support? Does anyone know if Apple put in OpenGL support for these cards into the OS?

chrismenke
09-08-2001, 10:34 PM
I ran an UltimateRez under X for my second monitor. It did all the standard tasks, including the ScreenSavers you mentioned, but I think you're out of luck on OpenGL.

lasvegas
09-09-2001, 02:10 AM
The UltaRes card works great in OS X. The high quality screen savers require you to set the display to Millions of colors. Also, I had some problems with artifacts until I moved the card into one of the upper three slots of my PowerTower Pro (9500 clone).

dragon_x
09-09-2001, 05:28 PM
I'm running an ix3D 8MB - not sure if its the ultimate rez or pro rez. Anyway- its slow, darn slow, but its also the most stable 2nd video card I have. I'm running it on my G4/466 at work - the ATI RPro128 is the main video card.

My dual RADEONs in my B&WG3 are not this stable. I havent had any issues with the ixM card - and with 8MB is runs 1280x1024x32bpp or a bit higher.

It is slow...

------------------
Life in the fast lane leads to:
The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe