PDA

View Full Version : maxpowr control panel/os9.1/type reunion

angrymonkey
03-06-2002, 01:24 AM
I don't know what to blame here, but I'm running a g4 upgraded 8500/120 and just upgraded to 9.1. Everything seems fine but when I check the Maxpowr control panel, most of the selections are missing and the one listed I can't change.It's Definitely screwed up. I discovered when I turn off type reunion(newest version-i forget the number)the panel goes back to normal.
I would just assume type manager is to blame except that i'm pretty sure it was running fine with 9.04 and this version of type manager.I will double check this( i have partitions with different os's on)
Any ideas what to do? And if I have to disable type reunion, what else can I use?
(other than suitcase- I just want the font menu feature, don't need another program with more possible conflicts)
thanks

tachyon
03-06-2002, 06:58 AM
TypeTamer!
From Impossible software http://www.impossible.com/
It's so much better than Type Reunion ever was, and Suitcase's MenuFonts feature.
Download a demo if you like.
I do not work for Impossible. I j ust like good software.

angrymonkey
03-06-2002, 09:09 AM
thanks tachyon!
I will try it tonight...

angrymonkey
03-07-2002, 12:25 AM
I've tried typetamer and it seems to work fine with one exception (but I only skimmed through the documentation), how will it recognize fonts not in the system folder? I use Atm to keep my fonts on another partition...