PDA

View Full Version : A/UX 2.0

incognito
01-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Hi

I have A/UX 2.0 and I want to install it on my LC 475. There's only one problem: The boot disk has System 6.0.5 and the LC 475 needs at least OS 7.1. I've had pretty bad luck when it comes to making boot disks for the Mac, so any help would be appreciated. BTW, if anybody knows where I can just download a boot disk, I would be eternally greatful.

Cheers!

ricks
01-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately, unlike a winders OS, Macs don't really use a 'boot' disk(or fortunately, the mac rocks). All that is needed is a system install disk to boot from.

There are bootable system folders on many utility programs for the mac such as Disk Warrior, TechtoolPro and Nortons etc etc. But you'll probably have to find or purchase the appropriate Mac OS installer for what you want.

Rick

crazyeights
02-05-2002, 03:31 AM
Shall we presume by "boot disk" you mean installer disks?

if you are just looking for an OS 7.1 installer, try looking on e-bay for a set of system 7.1 disks.

It should be cheap, but keep in mind it's magnetic media, so find something guaranteed not to be DOA.

c8

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 05 February 2002).]

chrismenke
02-05-2002, 03:44 AM
Apple has released 7.5.3 into the public domain, so you should be able to find the Disk Tools bootable floppy as part of the OS install which is downloadable from Apple (somewhere).

Good Luck!