PDA

View Full Version : iMac needs help!

greencamera
01-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone! Happy new year!

This is my first post on this forum.

I have an iMac which needs some TLC...

SYSTEM:
iMac 266 (grape), OS 8.5.1, firmware 1.1, OS rom 1.5, boot rom 3.0.f2, rom revision $77D.44F1 160ram (top 128/bottom 32), 6G HD, zip 100 usb (usb iomega 1.0, UT driver 1.0), canon c555 multifunction printer usb (v3.0), only software installed is that which came from factory (imac restore CD v1.0).

My computing needs are pretty simple--browse the net/download from net (IE 4.01), email(yahoo), word pro (appleworks 5.0.3),use the zip 100, some faxing (FAXSTF 5.0), adobe acrobat (3.0.1), stuffit xpander (4.5), some printing (no colour!)...

Here are the problem:

1. the computer crashes or freezes at least once per session (I turn it on and off many times daily)

2. when browsing in IE the browser window sudenly dissappears and I'm back at my desktop.

3. as soon as I install the software for my Canon printer I get very frequent crashes or freezes (can anyone recommend an alternative multifuntion printer--or if I go to a straight printer I would prefer to go with a laser (new/used, apple/HP/etc....) any suggestions?

4. is there any way to configure the FAXSTF software to receive faxes when the "distictive ring line" kicks-in--two short rings for my piggy-backed fax line

5. sometimes after turning on the computer the keyboard and mouse don't respond--all I'm left with isthe green light on the caps lock button which won't turn off

6. CD drives vibrates--seems like disk is going way too fast...

Thanks so much for your attention.

Any and all help, suggestions, comments, etc.. will be greatly appreciated.

I have simple computing needs but even so, I am finding it difficult and frustrating to configure a reliable computer system.

Sincerely,

Jeff Green

lasvegas
01-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Please see my response in the New Mac Users Forum (http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000452.html) and please don't cross post to every forum!