PDA

View Full Version : Woah Roxio Sure got it right!

EGPoulin
04-27-2001, 11:46 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that as a piece of software, Roxio Toast 5.0.1 is beautiful.. It really works the way that it is supposed to on my hardware.

Why you ask?

Well as I type this now in Internet Exploder, Toast is making a copy in the background of an PC CD-Rom (24x Apple to a Yamaha 4x4x16, both on the PTP 10MB/s SCSI Bus) while I am listenting to a CD in an Apple 4X (also on the 10MB/s bus), AND while working in Vectorworks on a large drawing (HD's on a bluenote). The kicker is that I'm using the Digital Autio option in CD/DVDST 5.7 and nothing has skipped a beat. The Yamaha isn't burn proof either. :-)

Needless to say I'm impressed...

back to work... :-)

~~~Eric~~~

magician
04-29-2001, 04:28 AM
damn!

it's about time we can actually work the way we want.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chrismenke
04-29-2001, 06:20 PM
I've really enjoyed Toast 5.0.1 as well, as it multitasks beautifully, but it won't accept a lot of downloaded images for burning. Has anyone else bumped into problems where it won't accept valid ISOs?

I had to drop down to Toast 4.1.2 to burn known good Solaris ISOs, only to find out later that the $5 dollar Sun was not supported by Solaris 8 (go figure). Had the same problem with a 'Buy Online' ISO for Windows. When I would drag the ISO onto Toast, it would throw an error about ISOs needing to be a multiple of 2293! So far this has only happened when making CDs for other platforms (Sun, PC). Might ISOs have some rule Toast doesn't know about?

[This message has been edited by chrismenke (edited 29 April 2001).]