PDA

View Full Version : audio cd copy no breaks?

goliveira
04-05-2001, 11:10 AM
Any know how to burn an audio cd with no breaks in-between tracks?

Toast allows 0 sec between tracks but the songs do not flow continuously. This is achievable on a stand-alone cdburner, but I can't get it to work using Toast.

George

Louie
04-05-2001, 01:14 PM
I think Jam will do it.

goliveira
04-05-2001, 01:47 PM
thanks Louie,

$199 is a lot though. Maybe they will give me a special price since I own Toast.

George

bif
04-05-2001, 05:06 PM
try waveburner, from <emagic.de> they have a demo available on their web site, although I don't know if it will burn. the program is mainly a mastering program for musicians, but i have been successfully using it to burn CD's from my LP records. it is easy, fast and pretty stable with 9.1 and 8.6. the waveburner pro software is $149, but a free version comes bundled with the audiowerks PCI card that emagic makes. the card is available from audiomidi for about $200.

Dogbert
04-05-2001, 05:52 PM
Depends. Are you making a custom CD of your own creations, or remixing music that you already have? Waveburner is great. Jam will do almost the same thing, I think. Never gotten the chance to play with it. If you are trying to make a copy of a music CD where the track marks fall in the transition between songs, Like a live or concert CD, then set the software to Disc-at-once, and let it read the track breaks.

EGPoulin
04-27-2001, 11:50 PM
Toast 4.x will do continuous burning. It's called Disc-at-once. If you have toast 4, go into preferences and click D-A-O. Anything earlier than 4 and it won't have the option. Toast 5 has the same option also.

What that does is makes the burner NOT shut off the Laser inbetween tracks. Truly to burn the whole disc at once. You can still get audio gaps at what ever you set, but if you set "0" then you will get "0".

Hope that clarifies if you hadn't gotten it already.

~~~Eric~~~