PDA

View Full Version : Roxio JAM RLE

DonW
04-19-2001, 06:49 PM
I have Toast 4.1.2 Deluxe. However, I would like to be able to modify the sound levels of my MP3 files before burning to a CD.

Is JAM RLE from Roxio the best solution or ?

the_anarch
04-23-2001, 06:22 PM
Not even Jam will allow you to modify volume levels (amplification). This is a common complaint of people who have downloaded MP3s that others encoded.

You'll need a piece of audio editing software. Jam does come with an LE version of Peak, which does that sort of stuff. You can also find cheaper shareware apps at versiontracker.com. But you shouldn't need to buy Jam if you already have Toast. Not unless you wanted to get into fancy cross-fading stuff, like a dance mix-type thing.

DonW
04-23-2001, 06:33 PM
No - I just want to be able to change the volume of the MP3s so they are closer. Some sound normal and some are extremely weak. Makes the CD you burn a hassle because you are always having to change the volume.

Will LE that comes with Jam perform that basic function? And, you spoke to others on Versiontracker.com - can you point me in the right direction?

I appreciate the help. I like to put the CDs together but am a novice at the rest.

------------------
DonW