PDA

View Full Version : New Netscape Out

Louie
04-03-2001, 12:53 AM
Netscape Communicator 4.77 was released today. I've been running it all afternoon and evening. Seems cool; a bit faster.

tm311
04-03-2001, 07:10 AM
Have you tried the "opera" TP release?? well worth a look!!!

the_anarch
04-03-2001, 08:46 AM
What's up with that? I thought they'd advanced to Netscape 6. Too many people clamoring for the old 4-series-style browser?

batmantis00
04-03-2001, 03:32 PM
6 is so bloated. i used mozilla .8 a little, which i like better than netscape 6, but its not too stable yet. havent played with .81. so many people use 4.7x its probably worth it just to update the certificates, since i know a few people whose order of preference (myself included) is netscape 4.7x, ie, netscape 6. i havent tried opera yet. icab haas a ways to go i think before i start relying on it.

lynx kicks ass though, heh heh.

also, i got an email from roxio. theyll give me $40 off toast 5 since i registered the free oem 3.5 version that came with the burner i got from you guys. dont even have to mess with stupid rebate/proof of purchase crap, just type in a code when i order. thats pretty tight. except the link from the email doesnt work. thats pretty dorky.

Tylor
04-03-2001, 05:19 PM
Netscape is about as graceful as AOL.

Dogbert
04-04-2001, 04:35 PM
FYI Headline Borrowed (stolen) from MacFixit

Netscape Communicator install caution: Communicator 4.77 may install ObjectSupportLib and AppleScript 1.1 in the extensions folder. AppleScript is up to version 1.6 and ObjectSupportLib is not necessary on systems running Mac OS 8 and later. This is not really a new problem, it has occurred with earlier versions of Communicator. Consider this a reminder. Not all users are affected by this, according to reports.

Those nice old extensions cause so much trouble.......

Chucko
04-04-2001, 08:37 PM
Quoth Tylor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Netscape is about as graceful as AOL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but Netscape is AOL!!