PDA

View Full Version : opera preview 5

Ton
04-01-2001, 05:54 AM
Go check it out! : http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=10019
It's amazing, only a 2 MB download and it must be at least twice as fast as Microsuck Exploder. Granted it's far from finished, not all is functional and the interface should get some improvements, but hey!, it's not even beta yet! This could be a biggie someday, if the final will be as good as this preview is pointing to, I'm even willing to pay for it!
Cheers Ton

tm311
04-01-2001, 08:06 AM
i have been using it all weekend..........it is FAST!!!!!and i like the layout betterthan IE.

Dogstarman
04-01-2001, 04:40 PM
Just don't try to access certain webcams yet. They never let the image sit still long enough to look at it. I tried the paris-cam and it blinks an image every second or so. Not a new one....the same one. And FTP support is weak at best. The past 2 releases have not allowed me access to this FTP site (among many others). For a web browser and nothing else, I am glad that something out there is giving iCab a run for its money (both free so far). For a tech preview, it's awesome. I have been using it for a few months now and can't say enough good about it.