PDA

View Full Version : MacBench5

tm311
12-20-2000, 11:23 PM
Is it still possible to order this CD? I looked on zdnet's site and they say it is no longer suported and they have no copies left?

magician
12-21-2000, 06:37 AM
right.

we've been considering the legality of simply posting a disk image of the CD-ROM, but haven't arrived at a final decision. Lots of licensing text to review.

kaye
12-21-2000, 12:06 PM
tm311,

Email me your name and address. Anyone else? k

Louie
12-21-2000, 11:11 PM
Add me Kaye.

Ton
12-22-2000, 03:44 AM
I would like to have a copy, but as I live in Europe it would be easier (and cheaper http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) if it could be downloaded.

kaye
12-22-2000, 02:00 PM
Ton,

The MB5 CD is 339MB. I think the CD would be better. Email if interested. k

kaye
12-25-2000, 12:33 PM
OK, I have six requests. My son is using the S900 that has a burner because he is setting up a tennis league with several hundred members using either of two Mac programs. So I get a nasty look if I even enter his room right now. Couple of days and I will create them and send out. k

kaye
12-28-2000, 05:23 PM
Done. Will try to get them in the mail tomorrow. k

tm311
12-28-2000, 08:12 PM
you are the best....and please let me return the favor somehow!!!!

kaye
12-28-2000, 08:45 PM
tm311,

Thanks, but the only thing I need is for someone to take my son to OAK airport tonight and pick up my wife at SFO airport tomorrow night. Oh, and clean up the house before she gets back, or else all hell will break loose and son won't be here to take some of the heat.

Just post your results, that will be plenty. k

tm311
12-28-2000, 09:50 PM
i try and schedule my wifes friend to clean my house on the ocasion that my wife has been out of town for more than 3 days*L* she charges 20 bucks for 3 hours....makes me look like a hero!!! Sounds like you have your hands full this week. My biggest worry is that this weekend is my moving weekend and we are bracing for the biggest n'easter in 6 years..UGGGGGGGGGG!!

magician
12-29-2000, 12:36 AM
k, one of the best moves I ever made was hiring people to come in and clean. I'm no elitist. I do clean up after myself. But it is not my nature to dust, or vacuum, or sweep. I'm a wiper. And a dust-buster.

my son just came into town. I've been twelve all over again all evening.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kaye
12-29-2000, 06:35 PM
My cleaning lady is recovering from an accident. In the pecking order, that leaves me to clean.

Stuff is in the mail. Ton, yours went USPS air mail - small packet for $2.16. Not bad for going that far.

MacMikester, I have sent you two emails in reply to yours, asking for your address. Can't send it out w/o an address.

If anyone who requested one does not get it, email me. They went out USPS first class, except Ton's. k

Louie
12-29-2000, 11:35 PM
We had the same email problem earlier with MM, he lives in cyberspace.

MacMikester
12-30-2000, 12:28 AM
Hey Louie ,

I do not live in cyberspace, in fact, unless I'm dreaming that I'm a real person with a cyberspace alter ego, I am a real person with with a cyberspace alter ego. I have emailed Kaye, unless of course, that was just what the master CPU expected you to expect me to say to you, in which case, this is all a devious scheme perpetrated soley for the purpose of luring you into the the subtle deception of me, the fabricrated cyberpersonality, wishing you all a the happiest of New Years http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magician
12-30-2000, 12:51 AM
MM, either way, you are ok with me.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

K, regrets regarding your cleaning lady. I'm hip to the pecking order. I may be the Alpha Male in my domestic dog pack, but somehow it ends up being much more matriarchal than I would like.

tm311
01-11-2001, 10:49 PM
Kaye i recieved my disk this past week......thanks!!!!! I will be glad to cover the costs of production...i will get something out this weekend.....,ight even have time with the new move to pop the cd in my computer.have been busy dealing with Home Theater hook-ups and fighting with satelite companies......

kaye
01-12-2001, 12:46 AM
My pleasure, tm311. k