PDA

View Full Version : Last two days messages?

chrismenke
12-26-2001, 01:08 AM
Hey all, I'm over here on the left coast, and usually peruse the forums about 10PM PDT/PST (depending on season).

I would really like if the getdaily page had a link to 'View today & yesterday's topics' or view 'Topics active in the last 24 hours'.

It is a big time saver using getdaily, if I get to it before 9PM Pacific. Sadly, this is not usually the case!

[This message has been edited by chrismenke (edited 26 December 2001).]

the_anarch
12-26-2001, 11:05 AM
You know, I live on the east coast and I actually would find such a change useful as well. I second the motion.

chatwood2
12-26-2001, 01:14 PM
I think this would be a great idea, but if you were going to do this why not go one step further. Could you guy add a page where we could view topics in every forum of a specified time range? It would be like a normal forum page with the selector on the top with "last x days" but all messages in all forums would appear instead of just the one forum.

- Chris

Urinal Puck
12-26-2001, 07:32 PM
A "View New Posts" option that would display a list of topics active since your last visit would be ideal. I've seen some forum software with that option, but I don't know if UBB would allow that.

Happy holidays!

UP

ricercar
12-26-2001, 10:02 PM
The search function has convenient pull down menu options for since yesterday or last 5 days. This has served me well with midnight coming later here on the left coast.

However, i'd eagerely take a cookie that stored a message counter to make dates irrelevant, and show all active threads since my last visit.

[This message has been edited by ricercar (edited 26 December 2001).]

mactheripper
12-27-2001, 11:34 PM
taken under advisement.

That particular feature is one that has been discussed since we opened the Forums, and unfortunately, is nontrivial to program.

I will endeavor to learn more about cookies, and try to make something...
Thanks for your input!