PDA

View Full Version : PRAM Trouble

pilgrim
12-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi there.
Cannot figure this one. After a cooling fan on top of a XLR8 G4 450 SSE in my 9600 quit, I put temporarily back G3 275 PowerLogix. Anyway I do not think it should make much difference. On cold starts I am getting constantly "stone age" date, time is off and ofcourse 640x480 resolution. Did just about everything, including taking out battery. Nothing doing, in the morning, the same thing. It will start from my original 4 GB IBM, instead of the 36 GB Cheetah, as it always did, when I changed the startup disk in the panel. Looks to me like a PRAM zapped on cold start, which I did not do, although once, while zapping PRAM with TT Pro, it crashed in the process. Any ideas? Thanks to all aforehand.

TZ
12-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Sounds like corrupt PRAM and that it needs a good talking to! Drain the power, new battery, cuda reset I think is essential on cpu swap like that.

pilgrim
12-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks TZ. I did all of it, what you mention, before, except change a battery. I put in one of those I have around, actually couple years older than the one I had in, and problem seems to be gone. So, got to get a new one. They don't seem to make them as they used to. Batteries in my original Mac II (two of them, truth) lasted almost 9 years, no kidding, before I got to replace them. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas, if you're celebrating it.
-pilgrim-