PDA

View Full Version : Printer problem...

DCB
11-19-2003, 07:27 AM
...using a Power Computing 150. Every time I go to print something it freezes and I have to re-boot. I am using a Epson Stylus Pro.
Thanks for your help.

dcb <><
John 14:6

Coldwater
11-19-2003, 08:32 PM
DCB
Maybe a little more info? What system?
What driver version are you using? Should be v2.8AA Are you using Appletalk? Should be using AT-StylusProXL from the chooser if you are.If not then you are using Stylus Pro, right? What are you trying to print? In the extensions, what's in the Epson folder? Is the Epson Monitor 2 extension there? You have increased the memory for the Print monitor?Been a while since I've used one, can't think of any thing else to ask.

rwm
11-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Yes a few system specs. of said puter model, OS, RAM How much and what type, hard drives, PCI cards? Upgrades...

DCB
11-20-2003, 06:50 AM
Sorry...I should have given all that info on in the first post.
OS 9.0.4
160 mg of ram
Styles Color v. 2.52A
The only Pro I have listed is Color SW Pro. I have AT-Stylus color and Stylus color. I worked one time when I first hooked it up.
If you need more ask....
Thanks

dcb <><

rebecca
11-20-2003, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The only Pro I have listed is Color SW Pro. I have AT-Stylus color and Stylus color. I worked one time when I first hooked it up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to have an ESP and I know there was a companion printer description called Epson Stylus Pro. I gave my printer away (with all the manuals) and deleted the software, so Im not sure which driver software version I was using, but AT-Stylus and Stylus Color is not what you need for that printer. You need Epson Stylus Pro (or Virtual Printer if you're using RIP software). I would suggest reinstalling your software. Perhaps the needed file got deleted.

[This message was edited by rebecca on Thu November 20, 2003 PT at 17:12.]

rwm
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Try trashing the Epson's preference file - it may be corrupted.

HD/System/Preferences/"Epson's Preferences file"

rwm
11-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Have you tried running Disk First Aid? Rebuilding the desktop? Run Disk Warrior or any other "fix em" tools? Any info?

Coldwater
11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
DCB
Go to Epson.com to download/support and get the newer drivers for your printer. Install them and see if it clears up your problem.By the way when you open up the download you will see two folders that say Disk 1 & disk 2.Open and use installer in Disk 1 The drivers are in this folder. I think that folder-Disk 2, installs Internet Explorer (older version)from 2001. This was the last version of drivers released for this printer.

DCB
11-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the help. I have done the right thing....just bought a new iMac (1.25GHz) with the 20in. display. It will come with a new printer. http://forums.macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks again!!

dcb &lt;&gt;&lt;

rwm
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Early X-Mas. http://forums.macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Now that is a fix. http://forums.macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Enjoy the new puter and OS X.