PDA

View Full Version : OS 9 & X iMac can't get back to X

JamesBell
09-19-2003, 06:07 AM
I'm sure this has been addressed before but I can't seem to find the info with a search.

I almost always use this iMac in OS 10.2.6 but occassionally boot in OS 9.2 if I need to use some older applications.

Well, I booted into 9 today to install Backyard Football for my kid. During installation the computer locked up completely (my fault, I was bored and wanted to see what was in the trash folder. once i clicked on the trash icon, the installation of the game and everything else stopped, no mouse, no nothing). All I knew to do was kill the power, then restart it.

Upon restart, the computer failed to see the OS X partition of my hard disk and asks me if I want to reformat that portion of the drive. Of course I say NO.

So how do I get this thing to see my OS X partition from OS 9, so I can boot back into it?

I have zapped pram and rebuilt the desktop but that didn't have any effect. HELP!
Thanks.

-The Dread Pirate Roberts
"Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

JamesBell
09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Fixed it. I ran Disk Warrior on the volume. For some reason, even though it didn't show up in the desktop, DW could see it and repair the directory. Once again, Disk Warrior comes to the rescue. I didn't realize you could use DW 2.1.1 on an OS X partition. Good to know.

-The Dread Pirate Roberts
"Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

ricks
09-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Well,

?When I read this I thought, he should run Disk Warrior. Guess your second post showed me!

Great stuff.

Rick

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?