PDA

View Full Version : Disk Warrior boot up

dvose
04-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I have an upgraded 9600/700 G-4. I bought the new DiskWarrior CD but can't use it as a boot disk because the 9.2 system folder causes the 9600 to give the this computer can not use this disk or whatever alert. Can I toast a copy of the CD and drag the 9.2 system folder into the trash before I burn it? DaveV

TZ
04-30-2003, 04:30 AM
I'd just ask Alsoft how to deal with it, they quick and good about such things. I always boot from another drive/volume anyway unless the system can't. You don't have another partition etc?

Are you running 9.1 on your system? Why not create a CD with all your utilities and just include DW.

At first I thought maybe you had the first copy of 3.0!

- G.

unclemac
04-30-2003, 11:21 AM
G is right; your CD should work. And Alsoft should know how to make it work. In the past their support has always been good.

I have burned copies in the past and tweaked them similar to what you suggest with good success (after a few attempts).

It was a pain though, and I much prefer the method of using a second drive/partition. You can make an image of the DW CD with Disc Copy and put it in a handy spot on your second boot volume, and file your master CD away for safe keeping.

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited 30 April 2003).]

TZ
04-30-2003, 03:03 PM
not to send anyone away, but, there is a useful thread (http://www.macfixitforums.com/php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=xutilities&Number=493870&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1) on MacFixit forum concerning learning how to use Disk Warrior, steps to take, etc.

Ought to be in the FAQ, too, actually.

Even tips on how to use a RAM disk, so you can use any CD or drive you want.