PDA

View Full Version : Boot/ network problem?

pixpicker
04-06-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm running a b&w G3 on a network with a new Imac. Both machines are running mostly 9.2.2 and occasionally OS X. The b&w is also attached to a SCSI enclosure with another hard drive, DAT drive and CD/RW. When I boot the b&w with the Imac running, it loads the extensions and asks me if I want to connect to the Imac. If I choose "cancel" the dialogue box will show 5 or more times. If the Imac isn't running, it will go normally through the boot sequence and load the extensions and hang forever (over 5 minutes) before building the desktop. If I boot from OS X it's fine. If I boot from the other drive it's fine. Norton, Disk Warrior and Tech Tools Pro tell me everything is OK with the 9.2.2 partition. Rebuilding the desktop had no effect. I think it's a corrupt preference. Any suggestons before I reinstall the OS?

TZ
04-06-2003, 11:59 AM
There is a folder in the system folder "Servers."

Just empty that. (I hope. http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pixpicker
04-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks Gregory. That was it exactly! I feel like a bit of a knucklehead because I had this problem over a year ago and solved it with your solution. For some reason I had it in my head it was a network preference thing. Anyway, thanks again.