PDA

View Full Version : My keyboard's mind is going...

LVX
09-05-2001, 08:59 PM
...I can feel it, Dave. For some reason, it doesn't want to type certain letters such as e, d & c without me pressing really hard down on the keyboard & holding it there for a few seconds until the letter finally register. I've tried trashing the Keyboard preferences as well as zapping the PRAM, but this is a problem that just doesn't seem to want to go away. So, are the electronics on this beige extended keyboard becoming shot, or is there something else I might be able to do to help salvage it? Is this something that happens to keyboards after a while before they need to be replaced?

Č▀cott

hubba bubba
09-12-2001, 06:53 PM
Sounds dead to me...unless you want to take it apart and have a look around.

ICCAFSN
09-18-2001, 03:24 AM
Is that one of those AppleDesign Keyboards? It makes very perfect sense to me that your keys e, d, and c should be going. Notice how they're perfectly lined up on a slanted vertical angle. I noticed a similar problem on an AppleDesign Keyboard I used that got destroyed by Sprite (you can imagine what happened). When I looked at the keys that wouldn't work, I noticed they were all lined up. Unfortunately, I had to tank the keyboard, but not before opening it up to look at its innards. I seem to remember that in order to get to the part of the keyboard where the electrical contacts are I had to break some pieces of plastic that kept the keyboard together.

LVX
09-18-2001, 05:20 AM
As it turns out, I was able to fix the problem with my Apple Extended Keyboard by "huffing & puffing" and blowing a nice hard stream of air over the c-d-e keys. Just being able to "c-d-e" here again on this keyboard is very neat . Get it? See de "e". Ah-ha-ha! Thanks for all your input, dudes!

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif