PDA

View Full Version : Some minor? qiurks uprgrading to 9.1

audio buff
06-12-2001, 06:46 PM
couple of quirks upgraging to 9.1. I used to use 8.6. Now I've upgraded to 9.1 and when I turn on the xlr8 power control, it recognizes I've got a g3 carrier card but not the speed! However, the apple system profiler does. Is this normal or should I just ignore and use the xlr8 tests anyway?

I've also just read in another thread that a member alluded to not updating the driver when using the 9.1 updater.

The instalation process was a little messed up as well. I did a low level format and then chose to customize my instalation. I don't have a printer or a modem so I deselected all the internet stuff and the printer stuff. Yet when the instalation is finished, I get all that stuff anyway. What is goin On?

ChrisYip
06-12-2001, 06:56 PM
Oh - I get the same thing under PowerControl - says I have a G3 chip w/ speed of 0 Mhz...

Doesn't seem to matter at any rate...all the tests work the same.

Chris

audio buff
06-12-2001, 08:04 PM
thanks chrisyip. However, I'm still wondering about why 9.1 doesn't seem to load properly and if I should disable update driver when upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1

audio buff
06-12-2001, 09:04 PM
crisyip, I've read in another thread some stuff you wrote about audio. If you've get this message and have the time I posted "is ultra scsi fast enough for audio in the New mac users forum. thanks

kaye
06-13-2001, 12:18 AM
I would do the whole thing over again. Do the driver update or quick initialization/format and do the normal install and then be very careful about what you throw out. OS9 and later installs many things you would think you would never need, only to find out the result is quirky. k

audio buff
06-13-2001, 11:52 AM
Kaye, I suspect you're quite right. In my effort to slim line, I disable and even throw out a bunch of stuff I don't think I need.

I did print the extension guide for apple from logic user. However, I will be carefull. thanks.