PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre QT-5-Pro Registration Quirk

billbo
05-31-2001, 05:11 AM
I just did a clean re-install of 8.6, used all of my backup prefs, control panels, extensions, folders for quicktime pro/5, and it WOULD NOT register.

Now that I think about it, it took me many tries when I first upgraded it.

SO, I just downloaded QT 5 AGAIN and still no dice!!!!

Anybody know what the deal is?????

Quicktime 4 and 4.1.2 had no problems with this.

I know it's kind of a silly post, but I figured that nobody in their right minds would be sitting around the phone @ QT support at 4:10 am (cst, 2:10 for them I'd guess) and I'm using my phone line anyway.

Just wondering if anybody knew anything about the matter.

------------------
Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscience state"

jorge
05-31-2001, 07:45 AM
You cannot use a Quicktime 4.x serial number for Quicktime 5. You need to purchase a new serial number.

j

billbo
05-31-2001, 11:39 AM
I know, and I have my new reg. key, but it will not work. I'm just about to call quicktime to see what the deal is...thanks though

Michael
05-31-2001, 01:32 PM
have you got all your extensions in place?
M

billbo
05-31-2001, 05:51 PM
I reached tech support, and after being sent to 3 different people, we figured out that there was one wrong letter in my key.

The interesting thing though, is that when I first registered, I used lower-case for my name, well somehow (and the support guy from apple figured this out, much to both of our bafflement) it insisted that my case-sensitive-ness was of, and I just had to use capitols for my initials.

Before I end post, I must say that it's been a whacky 12 hours. Right after I posted there were gunshots a few blocks away, so I logged off, called the cops and told them....I don't know about you guys, but I live in Manhattan, KS (I know, I know, what's really sad is that they actually call this town 'The Little Apple') and gunshots are WAY uncommon in town (of course, we get minor earthquake's from the BiG ReD OnE/Ft.Riley cats when they're playing 'war').

Well, in the last couple of hours, there's been like three fires within a 5-block radius of where I live (which is a block away from a fire station), which is bizarre, because it's overcast and about 57-67 degrees out, after two days of rain and drizzle.

Ok, now that I've resolved my QTPro problem, I must go and Post a new one...heh heh heh....

Thanks for all the input

billbo

magician
06-01-2001, 05:22 AM
damn, I'd take my scoped Remington 700 and get up on the roof!

and i thought Wilmington was crazy!

billbo
06-01-2001, 12:42 PM
Oh, that's for what they call the "Country Stampede", where basicly a bunch of boozed up (which I have no problem with really) red-necks (red-necks in KS???) pay HUGE amounts of money to camp out underneath the Tuttle Creek damn (basicly the Blue River) in the summer heat and start stabbing people with screwdrivers and such.

Since the lake is pretty much out of town, I could probably, mathmaticly (which I'm not too good at, but I know some), lob a couple of rounds into the chaos.

Geez...did I just say that, or was I just thinking it?

magician
06-02-2001, 12:36 PM
easy, bill.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif