PDA

View Full Version : New Post, as promised

billbo
05-31-2001, 05:58 PM
OK, this one will be really simple for you guys.

To those of you that read my quicktime quirk, you know that I just did a clean reinstall, AND I created a new 500meg partition.

Here's why, followed by my question:

I'm going to install 8.1 "core" on this partition, so that I can install DAE PowerMix (what was it that someone here said, "Digidesign rears its' ugly head again").

My question (I tried this already, but when I installed DAE PowerMix, it installed DAE Setup on my 8.6 partition, basicly obsoleting my newer DAE Setup) is how can I do this without the installer doing what it did the last time?

ie-I basicly need to know what control panels/extensions/applications etc... to use to "lock" the 8.6 partition when I re-install 8.1 & PowerMix.

------------------
Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscience state"

kaye
05-31-2001, 08:14 PM
Bill,

Your installer goes to the currently running OS system folder. I would install OS8.1 and boot into that 8.1 and then run the DAE PM installer. Or did I misread what you attempted? k

billbo
06-01-2001, 04:11 AM
that's pretty much the gist of it.

the thing I was confused about was the fact that the digi' installer, while installing onto my 2nd partition (which I had just installed 8.1 on), installed all the preferences and the extensions on the 8.6 partition. BUT, as you suggested (and the reason I posted because it's my 1st time at using 2 OS's on this mac, which I'm still a sort of newbie at- 1.5yrs and counting), when I installed PM, I installed after booting off of the 8.6 partition.

I'll give it a go.

Thanks kaye,
billbo