PDA

View Full Version : Disk Warrier 2.1

Ton
03-28-2001, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

Since I'm using DW 2.1, at least I think it's since the latest version, when I have rebuilt directories on the startup disk, after reboot several applications have lost their registration which is very annoying and time consuming getting things right again. It's just like DW is deleting or altering invisible registration files in the prefs folder. Sounds familiar?

Louie
03-28-2001, 05:44 PM
I'm not having that problem with 2.1

Michael
03-30-2001, 12:41 PM
do you have frequent crashes with any of these apps? when i first installed MOTU digital performer, every time i used disk warrior it would erase my registration information. it took me a bit to solidify but now no more problems.
M

magician
03-31-2001, 08:31 PM
that is very weird.

we haven't seen anything like that here in DE.

Ton, did your new array arrive ok?

Ton
04-01-2001, 02:54 AM
Mag,
It arrived and my new 533 MP is waiting impatiently for it but it's stuck at the customs. I shipped it back to you with DHL and should have asked Deb to return it with DHL but I didn't think about it. DHL shipped it as a temporarely export for repair and made up all the right docs. It was returned with Airborn so now these docs are missing and they want me to pay the value added tax (as it's called here and its a whopping 19 1/2%!) and import charges for the second time. Over a week now I'm trying to get my hands on the original export docs and get them transferred to Airborn... Oh well, shit happens...

Michael, do you an idea what made the loss of the digital performer registration after using DW stop? I have two Intego apps (Virusbarrier and Netbarrier) that always loose their registration and sometimes some others do also. I contacted tech support from Allsoft but they say it's not possible that it's DW's fault because it doesn't alter any files.
I'm getting sick and tired of all these copy protection schemes anyway. Where are the good old times you could copy your entire programs folder to another HD and/or boot of another system and just continue working.
Ton

[This message has been edited by Ton (edited 01 April 2001).]

magician
04-01-2001, 08:07 PM
ton, we may have paperwork laying around here somewhere....was anything useful or helpful included in the unit that you returned to us? If so, we can fax it over to you.

let us know!