PDA

View Full Version : USB to SCSI

Admaniax
02-15-2001, 01:31 AM
My 13 year old daughter is trying to squeeze the last bit of life out of her old 6100 with G3 upgrade, and all the SCSI periphials (CD-RW, Scanner DSL, etc). She'd like to download her MP3 files to an MP3 player, but it seems all those she "shops" require USB port to download. ANy converter/adaptaer/other available to help her get her music files from HD to her (hope-to-acquire) MP3 player until she earns the $$ to get an iMac or cube?

despaxas
02-15-2001, 03:28 AM
An option you may want to consider instead of an MP3 player is a minidisk recorder. They are cheap, small, and skip proof. They will also plug into the audio out jack of the 6100. No adapter needed. The only drawback is that a minidisk must be recorded in real-time, whereas an MP3 can be downloaded to an MP3 player quicker. Just my opinion.

magician
02-15-2001, 05:23 AM
you may be able to transfer to a Palm device via serial on the 6100, then simply get the USB connection kit for it when she gets a newer Mac with USB. In other words, use the Palm either as the player, or merely as a transfer device.

I've seen USB-to-serial converters, but never a serial-to-USB.

Admaniax
02-15-2001, 11:34 PM
Thanks. I think both of you recommended interesting options, minidisc and Palm. I'm intrigued by the Palm option as it would give her more versatility.