PDA

View Full Version : Help with start-up errors!!!

toddro
12-18-2000, 11:14 AM
I have a mac 9500/200 256megRAM running 8.6. On start up, I have been getting type 10 errors, bus errors, and illegal instruction errors. The problems seem to be related to my Adaptec 2940 UW card, but are intermitent, and once I get the computer to finally boot up and see my external drives it will work great for the rest of the day - even after re-starting or shutting down and re-booting. However, after sitting overnight, the errors will begin again the next morning. I have just moved my Adaptec to a new PCI slot, and it was working as of yesterday, but I cannot be for sure if this is really the problem. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Many thanks in advance ...

Todd Robbins
Nashville

kaye
12-18-2000, 12:54 PM
Todd,

What other PCI cards do you have installed? The 2940UW is a BusMaster card, meaning it should go in either slot 1 or slot 4, but it also may depend on what other PCI cards you have. What slot was the 2940UW in when you were having problems, and what slot did you move it to? k

magician
12-18-2000, 06:50 PM
definitely check the firmware and control panel on that card, too. Updates are at adaptec.com.