PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha CRW3200EZ

batmantis00
12-10-2001, 08:51 AM
I've heard only good things about this drive, but only from uncritical sources. Im about ready to part with my Plex 8x/20x and am looking to see what the options are. Audio recording quality is my first priority. I haven't seen any indepth reviews or comparisons of the model, but as far as I know, no one has released a technology to compete with the "Audio Master Quality Recording Mode" that I know of. I don't know if its all its cracked up to be or just media hype. Has anyone used this drive, talked to someone who has, or read anything informative about it? Ill copy some of the propaganda below:

AUDIO MASTERȢ
This exclusive new Yamaha feature is designed to guarantee the best possible audio and data recording quality on conventional 74 or 80-minute CD-R discs.

When Audio Master Recording Mode is enabled, the system widens the lands and the pits during recording, significantly reducing jitter and improving audio and music recording quality to a level rivaling professionally prepared music CDs. In fact, using Audio Master, Yamaha CRW3200 Series CD recorders reduce jitter by levels by up to 30%, drastically improving recording quality.

And here is the link:
http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gHDR00007CRW3200EZ

bentonsedge
12-18-2001, 11:56 PM
I have this Yamaha drive in a PC. It works great. I have used it to convert my personal collection of 200 CD's to 160 Kbps MP3's. The only problem was when the PC was running intensive computing activities in addition to the on-the-fly ripping. The resulting MP3 included some clicking sounds. I noticed this on two or three tracks out of 1500 or so.

When burning CD's from CD images I have never encountered any type of problem.

Would love to put the same drive in my Mac 8500.

------------------
Dan/ St. Louis, MO
ddavison@bentonsedg
e.com