PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard for Aching Wrists

DogBreath
07-12-2001, 03:13 PM
I don't see any offers of ergonomically friendly keyboards. Any suggestions for the best designed way of avoiding that awful cramped up feeling I get after bending my wrists over the keys for the last 10 years? I don't understand why this issue isn't being addressed all the time, everywhere. We're all at risk.

skyhand
07-13-2001, 05:54 PM
my co-worker has this model and really enjoys it: http://logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/64

she types all day, so she needs the wrist support and angled keys. maybe this is what you're looking for.

kt

DogBreath
08-09-2001, 02:32 PM
To add to my own query, I've relieved my problem somewhat by getting a Microsoft Trackball Explorer. It angles your hand and provides a resting place. Takes some getting used to but I don't miss the mouse pad and it's also easy to position directly in front of myself and the keyboard. Less reaching. I'm still looking for a keyboard solution but I believe the mouse to be the ultimate torture master.

ChrisYip
08-09-2001, 03:53 PM
I'm using a Kensington Orbit and it helped a lot... I actually find typing on my Lombard is much easier on my hands than using an external keyboard.

Chris