PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Help!!!!!!

johnw_ray
05-03-2001, 07:17 AM
I have an older Mac Clone (PowerCenter Pro 210) and would like to be able to do video editing. What do I need? Do I just buy a Video Capture Card and software? If so what card do I need?

Michael
05-03-2001, 10:37 AM
try this link johnny. there is some pertinent info there for you... www.macgurus.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000095.html (http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000095.html)
as far as programs are concerned.. it all depends on your goals. final cut pro is a top end semi-pro program that will set you back a grand. permiere 6 by adobe is as good though a little less expensive and you get the functionality with other adobe products like Pshop, Illustrator, and Aftereffects, a biggie for video enhancement.
M

ChrisYip
05-03-2001, 11:20 AM
We have StrataVideo Shop in our lab - I think you can still get it with some of the more inexpensive USB capture systems... Then you can do some pretty nice video editing and processing.. and migrate up to higher end video capture as necessary.

It would work with most digitizers so even if you have a (functioning) ATI VR card, then you can capture on that... (don't get me going on my ATI fiasco)...

Chris

johnw_ray
05-03-2001, 11:54 AM
I guess maybe I should let it be known that I want to use a VCR for an input source which is going to be analog and not digital. Firewire will not be what I am looking for. What is a good all around card to start with that will have inputs and output to connect to a VCR or Camcorder?

ChrisYip
05-03-2001, 10:29 PM
Well - I like the Fuse from Aurora - Gurus have scoop on their WWW page...

Chris.

magician
05-05-2001, 03:30 AM
for an analog source.....I would say, at this time, either find a Rage 128VR on eBay...or consider the Fuse.

read the Fuse page (http://www.macgurus.com/shoppingcart/showrampage.cgi?fuse.html) carefully.......it will work in your machine, but you will require a G3 upgrade, and very likely a storage subsystem upgrade.