PDA

View Full Version : vhs to .jpeg

Stigma
04-16-2001, 04:23 PM
Hello again,
I'm interested in converting some VHS footage to .jpeg files. My machine is a PM 8500/G3 with the A/V inputs. I have iMovie 2, but I don't have the firewire connections to go with it. I've seen some analog to digital converters out there, but don't know anything about them. I was hoping that I could do it all with the built in A/V stuff. Any ideas?

Vince

ChrisYip
04-16-2001, 05:04 PM
You could just use the built-in AV capabilities of the 8500 w/ just about any analog capture program - heck - take a look at NIH Image for a freeware package that should work.. grab your image, and then use Graphic Converter or something like that to export.

NIH Image: http://rsb.info.nih.gov./nih-image/index.html (scientific grabber package and was designed from the get-go for the Mac - it's transitioned to ImageJ now for cross-platform use but it's a very nice free software package)

We use StrataVideoshop that came with our XLR8 Interview device to snag stuff from video tape and export as QT movies.

Chris

magician
04-16-2001, 06:03 PM
he can use VideoPlayer to import and capture to disk, then open up his file in GraphicConverter and export to .jpg.

Stigma
04-17-2001, 07:55 AM
Oops, I meant .mpeg movie files. I can do the screen capture thing already.
Sorry.

ChrisYip
04-17-2001, 03:53 PM
Ahhh - then you do need something like QuickTimePro that I believe, will export into a number of formats...

Chris.