PDA

View Full Version : Rage Orion 128

Diq
03-05-2001, 02:58 AM
I just recently, within the last two weeks, became interested in upgrading my G3 All-in-One. It was suggested to me that if I was interested in upgrading my graphics accelerator, that I should look into the "Rage Orion 16 meg." After a little research I believe my friend was referring to the Rage Orion 128, and so I set out in search of one. I think I might have started a bit late as no stores that I have run across so far carry this product. I am a little worried about using ebay.com as I have been burned more than once there and I don't feel like going through that again. Can anyone suggest a place to look for this product? And for that matter, is my guess about the right card being the Rage Orion 128 correct? Thanks in advance.

Diq May

Diq
03-05-2001, 03:05 AM
just a little after thought. Is there another comporable or better card than the Rage Orion 128 that I could purchase. Specs for my comp that I know are G3 All-in-One 233 Mhz 192 megs of ram. Don't know what else... I'm somewhat illiterate when it comes to computers. once again, TIA.

Diq May

Louie
03-05-2001, 03:45 PM
The ATI Rage Orion would be a good choice, however, it went out of production some several weeks ago. It was replaced by the Radeon. You might try all the mail order houses, but I've seen no reports of left over Orions.I share your feelings about computer/computer parts sales on eBay.

Diq
03-05-2001, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the help. Would the Radeon work with my system? And if not what other cards should I look at? Thanks again

Diq May

magician
03-06-2001, 03:26 AM
we are currently finalizing our Radeon review and preparing to post them for sale on our site. The Radeon PCI, priced at around $225 before $30 mail-in rebate, will fit inside the AIO, due to its 7-inch form-factor.

it is, in our opinion, a little pricey, but it does deliver incrementally better performance than the Rage 128-series, which are no longer manufactured.

we should have them posted on our site within the next few days.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Diq
03-06-2001, 09:01 AM
very cool. Thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

Diq May

kaye
03-06-2001, 01:02 PM
D,

Just be sure you are running OS9 or later. It is a requirement listed for Radeon PCI. I have one and it is very fast and beautiful color. k

Diq
03-07-2001, 07:26 PM
OS 9? Hmmmm... I was hoping I could avoid upgrading seeing as I have limited funds, but Iif that is the case I might just have to try it out. Thanks for all the help here, I appreciate it greatly.

Diq May