PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's time.....

crazyeights
02-08-2001, 04:41 PM
I have to give "hats off" to all the MacGuru's Moderators, and Menbers here on this forum.

As I sit here in front of my vintage PowerTowerPro listening to tunes on MM Jukebox, while my Mac HotSyncs with my PalmPilot, my printer prints out some docs from another App, Napster downloads some tunes, and I surf the web in IE5, it occurs to me that I wouldn't even have a machine that could do this sort of thing had I not found this website. And I was referred by a guy who had seen it, but never really used you guys.

This machine just hums along happily while doing it all, and as long as do prudent maintenance (less than 5 minutes a day), it never coughs a bit!! PCers, eat my dust!!!!

You guys simply rock the computer productivity/fun world!!!

Best,

c8

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 08 February 2001).]

Louie
02-08-2001, 05:11 PM
Did I say you were bonkers the other day?

What you say of Mac is so true. I just finished reading a tutorial on how to boot and reinstall Linux on a PeeCee. Jeez! It's self-abuse.

[This message has been edited by Louie (edited 08 February 2001).]

crazyeights
02-08-2001, 06:30 PM
You know, I had Linux PPC on one of my Mac's, but I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to config the Linux version of Nutscrape. There is a bright side to the PC nightmare. My step-mom refuses to spend the time to learn ANY operating system well, and she just bought a PC. I told her I could show her how to hook up the cables, but after that I was useless. When I learn the PC, I think I'll keep it a secret.

Bonkers is a good term...........free of malice.....

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

c8

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 08 February 2001).]

Dogstarman
02-08-2001, 07:40 PM
Not often enough do I thank my lucky stars for this site. I was at my girlfriend's college a couple weekends ago and she was checking the folks on her AOL IM list (music directors MUST stay in touch) and this fella had been on for something like 6 days and change. Well, she just remarked that it must be a mistake. No one she knows can stay online or running w/o a restart for THAT long. I said "He's probably on a Mac"...so she dropped him a line, and guess what?

He only uses Macs at his work...and at home beacuse of his experiences. He confessed to not following a restart regimen, but was glad his slack caught another MacAddict's attention. I boldly pointed him to this site and said he should spend some money, if the label he works for lets him have any say in things. He assured me he would point his browser here.

So I, too must join in and say that the folks here have been more than friendly, more than devout volunteers, more than salesman, more than my peers. They have been the kinda people that PC users will not find. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. Macdom is SUCH a better place with all of us in it!!!

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/dance.gif

crazyeights
02-08-2001, 09:18 PM
here here (tipping cyber glass of grapejuice)

tm311
02-08-2001, 10:33 PM
i too am sipping a little tequila and downloading some jimmy buffet via napster...checking the weather in florida(heading down tomorrow for the PMA show) and printing out my flight shedule for the wife thinking to myself..."man i love this computer!!!"

and yes the guru's rock!!! (as do we pee-ons.....)