PDA

View Full Version : G4 and older Monitors!

dobru4u
02-08-2001, 04:01 PM
Hi there gurus,

I am planning on buying a G4 within the next week or two and have been wondering if I'll be able to use my 2 Apple 1705 Multiscan monitors, well, I do have a PCI video card for one of them but I'm not too sure about how an adaptor will work connecting the other 1705 to the AGP card????
I know this is a bit of a stretch but would it be possible to take out the AGP card and put in a PCI card???
I don't do games and stuff so ....
At this point I can't invest in a new computer and monitor so I have to look for ways to use both my current monitors.
But just in case I will need to get another monitor could you guys give me some suggestions as to which ones will work and where to look.(Used)
Thank you.

crazyeights
02-08-2001, 04:33 PM
Hi dobro4u, PCI and AGP aren't interchangeble.

One of the Guru's moderators can tell you about the merits/demerits of video adapters.

c8

Louie
02-08-2001, 05:23 PM
Both OEM AGP video cards, Radeon and Nvidia, each have both a VGA and an ADC connector. You can use only one at a time, but the VGA connector will allow you to use your old monitor as will your old PCI video card.

Dogstarman
02-08-2001, 07:43 PM
Well, that settles that. Damn, Louie!!! You don't even give others a fighting chance to submit!! http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif