PDA

View Full Version : Power Book 1400 screen stuck-brightness & contrast very high

bneum
02-04-2001, 03:12 PM
Hello to all, I have a PoweBook 1400CS, the brightness and contrast is stuck in the full, or highest setting...the screen is very washed out. I've reset, and restarted the computer hoping it would reset itself to a factory defalt position, but nothing seems to work. I try and move the toggle switches to the down, or lower settings and nothing happens, the brightness and contrast indicators don't even appear at the bottom of the screen. I would love to hear any suggestions to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bruce/Philadelphia

Louie
02-04-2001, 07:04 PM
I know nothing of PowerBooks but, if you are running one of the later versions of ColorSync that has the built-in calibrator, maybe you could change the settings by choosing a different default setting or recalibrating.

Dogstarman
02-04-2001, 08:18 PM
Louie has the best start. I, too know almost nothing of 'Books, except for the Pismo's. I would imagine the keyboard is fairly-easily removeable, so maybe try removing it and cleaning any available contacts. Was the 'Book working fine until then? Was the SW updated prior to the mishap?