PDA

View Full Version : G3 Beige DT 266 Adding DVD

MacFunk
01-03-2001, 02:11 AM
I replace my stock 24X CD-ROM Drive with a 6X DVD drive from a new G4. Installed Apple 1.1 DVD player and said that theres hardware missing. I assume...which you should never do, Is that the video card doesn't have DVD decoders? Is that the problem?? Which one to buy if thats the problem. All my PCI slots are used, Is there one that replaces the video card? Any advice would help.

Thank you my guru.....

Andy

Dogstarman
01-03-2001, 09:42 AM
That is a correct assumption. I know for a fact that DVD upgrades are almost non-existent for the Mac, with the exception of getting the complete ATI-based solution from a current Mac or getting the Wired-brand setup. I use an outboard Sony DVD player and input the signal through AV jacks on my machine if I feel the need. And until DVD-based software is a must, I will be content with that. I am sure someone with more experience in the DVD market will be along shortly. Sorry for the dilemma, though.

magician
01-03-2001, 01:46 PM
you need to install a later revision of the Apple DVD software. You will need to root around on the Apple site, but it is there.