PDA

View Full Version : Outdated?

billbo
06-21-2002, 01:53 AM
Hey Gurus,

how old is -> http://www.macgurus.com/products/video/mgvideoadapters.php?mgvideoadapters.html ...is this page???

Just curious

------------------
Bill

"I made a conscience decision in a semi-conscious state"

kaye
06-21-2002, 11:12 AM
Bill,

As you know, some of the info is quite old, back when MacGurus was selling those ATI Rage cards. Some is newer but still old, such as the reference to MWSF which was January, 2001. I purchased one of those Radeon PCI cards at MWSF 2001, first available at the Expo.

Some of the info is after that but not by much. For instance the ProFormance 3plus 32MB Video Accelerator is missing (not found) as stock depleted to zero. Formac announced at about the MWSF 2001 that they were discontinuing their video card line. That is all I think I know. The info on that page is retained as a matter of interest. k

billbo
06-21-2002, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As you know, some of the info is quite old, back when MacGurus was selling those ATI Rage cards. Some is newer but still old, such as the reference to MWSF which was January, 2001.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.

It sure is a bummer that any place I've found that has the original PCI Radeon's (w/Charisma) is about a $100.00 over my budget.

I know I'm being overzealous about wanting the Radeon, but it's probably the last hardware I'll throw into my 9500 before I have to save up for a G_(5 maybe???). Eventually Digidesign will have to jump on the OS-X bandwagon, and even though I know I'll have use for the 9500, I doubt that it'll cut it when that time comes (as far as shear horsepower is concerned).

You guys should be used to my bizarre, unpredictable sense of curiosity by now, but I'll apologize for my pestering posts anyways!!! http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill

ricks
06-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Bill,

It's not the pestering part, it's the embarrassing reality of the question.

The word is to look for some interesting upgrades to the pages coming out after MWNY.

Rick

kaye
06-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Bill,

If I recall correctly, Louie found a bunch of the Radeon PCI cards at the PC/MacMall Outlet Store in TN for as little as $109 back about in March. He bought them out and installed them in his machines and several relatives. His Beige G3 modified considerably, the Radeon PCI was working in both OS9.2.2 and OSX. k

TZ
06-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Image Solutions has had some hard to find stuff. Older versions of software, Mac OS 7.5 thru 9.1 along with OS X, they had the ATI Radeon PCI (2001) when no one else did. Not sure they will come through on more but they hope to have some in 2 weeks at $188.
http://store.yahoo.com/image-solutions/apatiradpcid.html

Gregory

billbo
06-21-2002, 11:54 PM
Ricks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's not the pestering part, it's the embarrassing reality of the question.

The word is to look for some interesting upgrades to the pages coming out after MWNY.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ricks, you guys are still ontop the game.

The fact that every Moderator/Guru/ devotes so much time into answering this and that question, day-in and day-out here on the forums, more than makes up for some slightly out-of-date pages that still are informative to the uninitiated.

Kaye thanks for the "X" info. My main reason on holding off on X as it is, is that I just don't think that the original Mach64 will cut it running X, besides, I should get a "X" CD with a new Mac anyways!

But hopefully Gregory's fantastic (image solutions) find will work out.

You know, it's kind of funny, I just lost a eBay auction on a Radeon that went about $10.00 cheaper.

------------------
Bill