PDA

View Full Version : IXMicro UltimateRez Installation

MMalone
05-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Installed the IXMicro card in my 8500/G3/300 (System 9.1)last night. When restarting, it seems to have defaulted to a multiple monitor setup, therefore all icons are off the screen. Needless to say, it's been fun trying to drag them over to the part of the desktop that I'm able to see. Resolution is set correctly. I was lucky enough to pull up the monitor control panel, that's when I saw the multiple monitor window. Zap the PRAM ?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

TZ
05-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Deleting the monitor and display prefs would help.

There are some (long) threads about what driver to use etc from months ago, where to find them, maybe some other tidbits.

I am not familiar with either 8500 or ixMicro card, but I would guess that clearing NVRAM might help also. Seems Apple told me once to use command option A-V after bootup had begun to clear a ColorSync Apple monitor's settings. The command option PR and command option OF probably don't need to be done if it is working (though clearing OF does involve a "set-defaults" and "reset-all" to PRAM (but not NVRAM - dont' think it applies to Open Firmware before OF 3.0).

Gregory

trag
05-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Make sure you don't have a display adapter (or turned off display), such as a Mac to VGA adapter, connected to the built-in video. A display adapter will make the 8500 think that there's a monitor on the built-in port and set you up for multiple displays.

angela
05-29-2002, 09:55 PM
MM,
Dont despair. The ultimate rez card is cool but setting it up is a tad bit weird. As I recall, the software on the OS 9.1 disk was incompatible with the card. You need to check to see what drivers you have installed. The Apple drivers conflict with the card and the software that is supposed to be used with the card requires you to delete the display enabler. After this the card works great. LV told me about a SwitchRes shareware program that works excellently with the card. Here is the link for the drivers http://eshop.macsales.com/Tech/index.cfm?load=ixmicro.html

Best wishes. I hope this helps. Please check out my post for more information http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000300.html