PDA

View Full Version : Dual ATI cards/Photshop crashes

cliff
03-15-2002, 01:26 AM
I have a G4/450 with the AGP OEM Rage 128 card and run 9.1. The problem I have is with a 2nd card (ATI Xclaim 3D Plus) I want to use for a 2nd monitor. When it is installed, Photoshop 6.01 locks up. Consistently. Of course the whole idea for the 2nd monitor is for Photoshop palettes. (Note this lockup is only in Photoshop and only with the 2nd card/monitor installed)

When I go to the ATI site to look for drivers for the Xclaim card the suggestion is to use the Universal installer from 1999. Of course that might then drive the Xclaim card, but since it was pre 9.1, I can't imagine it would be appropriate for the Rage 128 card I also run.

Is this card setup possible? Obviously the drivers I'm using aren't doing the job for both monitors and the new ATI drivers don't like the old card. And something with the 2nd card doesn't like Photoshop. I don't know what combination of old and new I should use (if that's possible).

Thanks for any tips.

spaz2
03-16-2002, 01:13 AM
From within the universal installer you can do a custom installation...just do the drivers you need.