PDA

View Full Version : Rhythmic slowdown, causes?

levelbest
02-28-2002, 09:17 PM
I am not sure if this would be better posted here in video, or there, in processors...

I have noticed that my scrolling in Panorama, a very fast (and TOTALLY cool) RAM based database program, goes very fast, pauses, and goes very fast. That is, it goes from record to record the instant I press an arrow key for about 6 or 7 records, slows, and rapid fires again. It never misfires never waits for the keystrokes to catch up, it just seems to have a rhythm. I was looking through an old game, Frogger, and I found the same rhythm in it. It didn't used to do that but now Frogger is similarly, rhythmic (choppy). The frog won't just keep going when a key is pushed. It pauses, and continues, and pauses, and continues.. kind of annoying.

Does this sound like an under acceleration problem? A processor problem? a disk access problem? (Though not with the Ram based Panorama).

I am running an XLR8 G4/400 (now at 420) with 512 Ram and a very full HD. The video card is out of a 9600 "tt128". There is currently no VRAM on board.

lb