PDA

View Full Version : Beige A/V Personality Card Q...

Holly
02-06-2002, 08:27 PM
Could anyone tell me the advantage of purchasing one of these cards for a Beige Minitower? Excuse me for my ignorance, but that's why I'm asking...

Any response will be appreciated!

Thanks

crazyeights
02-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Hi Holly.........

......sorry for the delayed response. I think lasvegas can shed some light here.

regards,

c8

http://www.macgurus.com/ubb/batlogo.gif Batsignal invoked to lasvegas!

lasvegas
02-14-2002, 03:25 AM
Sorry, but I just couldn't offer any advice here. I've never used this card nor worked on a system that had one.

spaz2
02-15-2002, 02:15 AM
Well... I have used the Personality Card in my Beige G3 MT for Video in and limited capture of analogue video from my old vid cam in partnership with a video capture software...cheap options include both the ATI Xclaim Video Player and Apple Video Player (both "free"). These allow you to capture small video samples... Strata Video Shop is readily available used around here and is cheap for used old software...but it allows you to capture, edit and export video in a decent manner...but is not pro. It works well but is a long way from the new options for Digital Video capture. The card also works in conjunction with the ATi Xclaim so as to allow for Television input. It is a nice feature for an older machine.