PDA

View Full Version : 3D Card for 7100AV

Admaniax
05-08-2001, 03:59 PM
Gurus--any thoughts on a 3D video card (and where I might find same) that works with a Sonnett G3-accelerated 7100AV? Would that card then occupy one of the other NuBus slots NOT used by the Sonnett Cresendo/AV card adapter? As usual thanks in advance for the advice.

magician
05-08-2001, 06:05 PM
I doubt any 3D boards were ever built for the NuBus interface....K would know. He knows everything about NuBus machines. And he has a much better memory than I. He should be along shortly.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mactacular
05-08-2001, 07:00 PM
I don't think there were any real 3D NuBus cards, the last cards I believe were made by Micro Conversions (out of business) and Village Tronic (suprisingly still here). Do you already have an Apple HPV video card in there? Would give you a boost in basic video. I have one and will sell it for $25 if you are interested.

kaye
05-08-2001, 07:46 PM
I never ran into a NuBus 3D card. I have two of the last MicroConversions (2124NB II) NuBus cards and they don't do 3D, in fact they suck at 2D, and someone I know has the last best NuBus VillageTronic model, the MacPicasso 340, and it does not do 3D. The Radius Thunder IV does not. HPV or AV cards don't. That is all I know of or have tried. k

Admaniax
05-09-2001, 11:59 PM
Thanks to all. Have HPV card already. Was looking for somethings to boost my 10 year old's graphics capabilities for new game CD's (such as Toy Story) which recommend 3D card for best results. Alas maybe old dad will have to move him to one of the new Mac platforms.