PDA

View Full Version : ixMicro TV card

rfyr
02-05-2001, 09:51 PM
I am trying to find out if there is more than one audio connection on my 7300 motherboard. There is a connection right behind the PCI slots to the left edge of the motherboard that looks identical to the connection where my audio cable from the CD rom goes which is on the right middle side of the motherboard. In fact, it looks like if would fit. If it is not an audio connection, I wonder what it is. The motherboard schematic on this data base does not list it.

The Reason I am asking is because I do not have a long enough audio cable and it would be very nice if I could connect the short audio cable from the ixMicro TV card to this connection right behind the card. Right now I just am connecting it with the external cable.

Louie
02-05-2001, 09:56 PM
Magician; Chris; all 7300 lovers: please help this guy! I've tried and I don't know what that connector is and don't have one to look at anymore.

magician
02-06-2001, 06:36 AM
I'll have to go down to the basement. I just pulled an all-nighter, so I'll do this tomorrow afternoon (or today, rather), after I take a little nap.

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Louie
02-06-2001, 01:17 PM
Don't forget! Thanks.

Louie
02-06-2001, 11:33 PM
Magician:

You forgot!

ChrisYip
02-06-2001, 11:47 PM
Opps - Didn't notice this thread until just now...

I'm at home right now but will pop the lid on our 7300's tomorrow am and report in...

One possibility - could it be a leftover from the 7500/7600 series that had AV capabilities, which were removed in the 7300's??? - just pondering...

Chris.

magician
02-07-2001, 12:27 AM
ugh. I didn't really forget....just slept a long, long time, and finally now got back to the forums. I should be heading down to the basement in a little bit.

sorry about that!

ChrisYip
02-07-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi... just popped the lid on our 7300 ASIP server and took a peek down the left hand side of the mobo - there are two white male connectors there - a 4 pin and a 3 pin

The 4 pin says "Fan" on it while the 3 pin says Geoport/ Clock

I suppose you're looking at the 4 pin...

I can't pull the lid on the server to look for the CD-ROM cable yet..

Doesn't look that promising based on my first glance...

Chris

Louie
02-07-2001, 03:36 PM
rfyr:

That's what I thought. Let's see what Magician reports, but it looks like my "no" is still a good answer.

magician
02-07-2001, 07:50 PM
no is the correct answer. I just looked at two separate machines, and all I've got on both logic boards are a four-pin connector for the power LED, a dual-pin connector for the speaker, and a four-pin connector marked Geoport Clock.

the only audio connectors are over on the right-hand side, by the floppy connector, etc.