deleted

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 12 January 2001).]

kaye
01-12-2001, 11:22 PM
C8,

Hope this pop has nothing to do with that 17" Phillips monitor. k

crazyeights
01-13-2001, 12:08 AM
As a matter of fact it does. It acted just like I had hit degauss, all by it's self.

I deleted the message because I found mention of the fact that it has "auto calibration". Supposedly, it checks the "warmth and color" settings and adjusts them back to where they're set periodically.

Kaye, you say that like you know something about "The Evil That Lurks in Phillips Monitors" (see it in a theatre near you!)

Okay, lay it on me.........

c8

[This message has been edited by crazyeights (edited 13 January 2001).]

kaye
01-13-2001, 12:01 PM
No, don't know Phillips monitors. I do know that some older monitors and TVs had at least one disc type capacitor with a slot at the top to compensate for an overvoltage situation. With an overvoltage, a spark would cross over that slot and you would hear a pop or snap. This was not a line overvoltage because there is internal circuitry to compensate, within reason, for that. Some kind of internal overvoltage would do it. My newest monitor and TVs don't do it. k

crazyeights
01-13-2001, 01:49 PM
Hi kaye....oh good.

Yeah, it hasn't happened since. I had no idea how bad my NEC monitor was until I got this one. And this one is low end.....no wonder I've had a little bit of eye troubles.

Thanks kaye,

c8