PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex and lines on the screen

Sam Samaha
12-13-2000, 11:23 AM
I wonder if anyone else out there has tried the Demo or full version of this game. I get lines on the screen (intermittently) when I walk around. I doubt it's hardware since I have a Radion with a G4 top end machine. Are there know issues on this game for Radion?

Thanks

kaye
12-13-2000, 12:48 PM
You are not alone. Go here http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/games/news.html and look for what I have copied below (which includes a fix):

10/23/2000 Monday's News
Deus Ex Radeon Image Sparkles Fix? (INI file Mod): I've not had time to test this personally yet but a thread in the gaming forums here from a reader (jmac) noted the following mods in his Deus Ex ini file mods solved the problem of white spots/lines in the game with his Radeon card. He also noted the same issue in Unreal Tournament (same mod applies). I didn't see the problem in UT during the Radeon retail card review, but did see it on my G4/500 DP w/Radeon running Deus Ex. He apparently included the entire Rave renderer section of the INI file in his post. (32bit textures are not normally enabled I don't think)

" [RaveDrv.RaveRenderDevice]
Use32BitTextures=True
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
NonATI=False
LightModify=0.000000
TextureComposite=True
VertexLighting=False
DisableVSync=True PageFlip=False
DetailBias=0.000000
MipMapping=True
DetailTextures=False
ShrinkPercent=1.000000"

k

Sam Samaha
12-13-2000, 02:16 PM
Thanks Kaye, I'll look into that fix and see if it works. I had hoped that there was some kind of patch for it.

What do you know about an OS X version of QIII?

------------------
SamOFMAC Samaha

kaye
12-13-2000, 04:51 PM
Sam,

Don't know about that. Just getting into this stuff since I have had a 3dfx V5 in an S900 G3-500 for about two days. Up until now, I have not done games, but one of the CD's that came with the card has ten demo games and I want to start fiddling with those tomorrow. So I have started hunting around for game tips. k

Louie
12-13-2000, 05:53 PM
How will you get along without those goofy goggles?

kaye
12-13-2000, 06:04 PM
Wear 'em anyway. Just can't plug 'em in. Still get the feel and they protect my eyes from watering due to the speed blast. k

Louie
12-13-2000, 07:27 PM
Gotcha!

magician
12-14-2000, 01:47 PM
don't forget your Snoopy aviator's scarf, K!

http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif