PDA

View Full Version : G4 450 Question on Online Games.....

Vince34
06-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Sup Fellas:

Got a question for all you online gamers out there. I'm going to start up Everquest again but on the mac platform and i have two G4s.

G4 DP1.25 (MDD FW800)

G4 450 (Sawtooth)

The DP G4 is my main mac and will be for EQ as well. But my G4 450 is now my server with 18gig SCSi, 30gig ATA both are raided just for fun atm since i'm experimenting with it before its a full fledge server. ATi 8500 video card and 1024 ram. I plan to run the 450 as a dual comp for EQ for trades and stuff. But the system requirments for EQ on mac is

G4 700mhz 128ram Geforce2 MX or better.

If all graphics are turned off, and low res possible. Will that G4 450 be able to run EQ? and is there anything i should do to it now that wont cost me anything? like maybe only make the ATA the main HD or leave it raided? The SCSI hd in there now is old and don;t trust it as much. I don;t want to spend any cash on it cause i just bought the DP G4. The thing runs great with OSX too.

So if any of you gamers have any thoughts to set it up or very cheap ways to try and make it stable before EQ hits stores. Would help me out.

Thanks.

Vince34
G4 1.25 DP (MDD/FW800) -- 1.25gig Ram -- 2x18gig SCSI -- 40gig & 80gig ATAs (all Seagates)
ATi Radion 9000 -- 21 Inch Apple Studio Display

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is not the power of the Raging Demon...but you past sins that will be your undoing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ricks
06-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Vince,

?I think you are in the best position to answer that for all of ushttp://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

?I've never played EQ, fraid too since then that's all I'd be doin for the next six weeks or so. Might even cause a D-I-V-O-R-C-E for me to try.

Write up a review when you try it, we know you're gonna try it no matter what answer you get here http://macgurus.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Rick

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?

Vince34
06-05-2003, 12:49 PM
LOL

Ya i'm going to try no matter what, but just thought some input would hlp me decide faster.

Think i will redo the HDs and make the ATA the main one. Then cut down all graphics and see what resolution wil be best.

In EQ if you have two accounts and two Comps, you can tade all your junk to another player for more space and to sell while your playing the game. Its a pain with only one comp when i used to have a PC and played EQ. I think starting EQ over again with Macs will be a lot more fun since upgrades are much easier. And to trouble shoot will be much easier to me then those blue screens of death machines.

But once i get it all set up i'll post to let ya guys know how things work out.

Vince34
G4 1.25 DP (MDD/FW800) -- 1.25gig Ram -- 2x18gig SCSI -- 40gig & 80gig ATAs (all Seagates)
ATi Radion 9000 -- 21 Inch Apple Studio Display

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is not the power of the Raging Demon...but you past sins that will be your undoing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>