PDA

View Full Version : Free Games for .Mac members

kaye
04-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Received an email from .Mac:

"Checkers, Reversi, 7th Fleet and all the other games in the Freeverse Deluxe Board Games series became classics because they were fun to play against other human beings. What Freeverse has done is build versions you can play with expression and personality against other human beings even when they're on another continent. Freeverse also provides the GameSmith game matching service so you can find opponents any time of the day or night.

We've made arrangements with Freeverse for .Mac members to receive a free copy of the US$19.95 Deluxe Board Games series, plus shareware copies of their very popular 3D Hearts Deluxe and 3D Spades Deluxe games. And as a .Mac member, if you later decide you want to buy the licensed version of either or both of those games, you'll receive a US$10 discount on each.

By the way, there are also computer opponents for all the games except Go. They're not relentless experts designed to punish anything short of perfection, but they're great for kids, and for anyone learning the essentials of the games. And truth to tell, if you're worn out from being pounded into pixel dust by the chess game that ships with Mac OS X, it can be downright satisfying to play an opponent that feels more like a human, and a beatable human at that." k

Vince34
05-19-2003, 09:08 AM
I put those games on my mac at work, and its nothing to special. Works good for me tho when i have down time and nothing is going on at work.

Vince34
G4 450 (Swatooth) OSX 10.2.5
1024 Ram
3x18gig SCSI 40gig ATA
ATi 8500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is not the power of the Ragin Demon...but you past sins that will be your undoing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>