PDA

View Full Version : Finished Wolfenstein and Medal.

ricks
07-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Now what? I finished Wolfenstein a few weeks ago. Now Medal of Honor. BTW, Medal of Honor gave me motion sickness, blech.

Need some Space Opera shoot-em-up and destroy their planet kinda thing. Or maybe Lara does Doom, that'd be kinda cool.

Rick

Blue and white G3
09-18-2005, 04:10 PM
If u really want a space shootem up try and find the marathon series(a hint though,it runs on Os 9,the graphics are kinda crummy,but the gameplay is solid) its a fun game,a little long winded but fun. :xphat:

unclemac
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Anybody notice that game-of-games - Halo - is just Marathon on steriods? Never read anybody else talk about it, but it is pretty obvious to me. I was having dejavu while playing Halo I, the first couple times, and it finally hit me... Marathon!

What I am totally addicted to for the last 6 months Call of Duty: United Offensive. On line just doesn't get old. And I smile a little smile everytime I whack one of those cocky young bucks who is playing with a gamin' PC....taken down down by a lil' ol' Cube. :kickass:

ricks
09-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Kind of weird, but Doom3 is the first time I have played a recent first person shooter where I don't get any physical motion effects (read motion sickness) In the last 6 years all FPS games like Unreal, or especially Marathon, would give me a headache and make me a little disconnected from the ground. Mind you, I spent a bunch of years flying for a living and don't consider myself especially susceptible to motion sickness in real life, but games like Marathon could kick my butt. I never had a problem with flying simulations, only First Person Shooters for some reason.

I don't know if the smoother graphics are the cure, although I suspect that. Higher frame rates and smoother rates could keep the brain in sync. Doom3 has been kind on the old eyes. Halo wasn't bad though. For the most part it was slick and easy. My 5 year old couldn't get enough of it, had me replaying Halo over and over and over again while he shot over my shoulder with a wooden 'Eliminator' double barrel rubber band gun :D (problem was he learned to say "beat the hell out of that one Daddy" at the top of his voice. His momma is not all that amused)

Rick

M.Brane
09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
The state owns a mobile truck driving simulator with several single screen units, and a triple screen. Lots of people get dizzy/sick on the tri-screen. I felt a little disoriented after a couple minutes on that one myself, and I usually don't have a problem with those kinds of things. I think it's due to the disconnect between what your eyes are telling your brain, and the fact that you aren't really moving.

I can (and have!) played UT for hours. Haven't played it in a while though. I made it up to "skilled", and the bots started kicking my ass. :weeskull: