- MacPro6,1 memory does not need to be installed in matched pairs.
- Maximum installed memory: 64 GB
- Memory can be installed in mixed sizes
except for 16 GB modules which cannot be mixed.
- Use the same size memory modules across all slots to maximize performance.
- 240 pin DDR3 - 1866 MHz PC3-14900 ECC DIMM.
- Power down, slide the MacPro cover up and off. Press the RAM bay release button at the top of the memory slots and the slots rotate out for access. Modules do not need to be installed in pairs. You can mix memory sizes - the one caveat is that 16 GB modules cannot be mixed with any other capacity chips.
Apple has kindly provided a memory installation guide page specifically for the 2013 MacPro6,1.